Due to an increased volume of participants, at this time all open basketball times are limited to members only. Learn more about a Community Center membership.
Gym admissions are processed at the front desk of the Community Center. Customers pay or members scan cards at the time of arrival.
Expectations are posted in the gymnasium. No food or beverages are allowed in the gym. Respectful communication and behavior is required at all times. Those choosing not to follow the gym expectations will need to leave the facility and are not eligible for a refund.
Members only open basketball
|Monday||Noon to 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||3 to 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Noon to 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||3 to 6 p.m.|
|Friday||Noon to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||3 to 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||Noon to 6 p.m.|
|Monday||6 to 8:45 a.m.|
|Tuesday||6 to 9 a.m.|
|Wednesday||6 to 8:45 a.m. |
6 to 9 a.m. (starting January 19)
7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
6 to 8 p.m. (starting January 19)
|Thursday||6 to 9 a.m. |
6 to 8 p.m.
|Friday||6 to 9 a.m.|
|Saturday||7 to 8 :45 a.m.|
12:30 to 2:30 p.m. (starting January 19)
|Sunday||6 to 8 p.m.|
Open volleyball (starting January 19)
|Sundays||9:30 to 11:30 a.m.|
Tot time hours
|Monday||9 to 10:30 a.m.|
Members only family time (starting January 19)
|Fridays||6:15 to 7:45 p.m.|
Daily admission fees
|Parent tot time*||$3||$3.50|
|MERSC & Military (must show ID)||$4.75||$4.75|
*Parents are free during parent tot time only
- Everyone -- all players, spectators and coaches -- must pay and wear a wristband to be in the gym.
- Wristbands must be worn on the wrist. Wristbands on shoes or ankles are not allowed. People without wristbands will not be given the option to pay and play for the remainder of the day. No refunds will be issued.
- Respect all Community Center staff, patrons, and equipment.
- No food, gum, or beverages are allowed in the gym. Water fountains are available at the gym entrance.
- No black soled shoes or shoes that mark the floor. No bare feet, sandals, or street shoes.
- Attire or gestures recognized as a gang representation will not be allowed.
- Dress code must be appropriate. Shorts/pants must be worn at the waist at all times. If an individual refuses to bring their shorts/pants to their waist, he/she will be removed from the Maple Grove Community Center (MGCC) building without a refund. "Skins" will be allowed during cross-court games only.
- Community Center staff reserves the right to determine all gym use.
- Organized or cross court games will only be allowed when the patron attendance is less than 25 players at any one time and/or as designated on the gym schedule. Customers will be asked to leave without a refund if they refuse to break up an organized or cross-court game.
- No dunking, slamming, or hanging on the rims or nets.
- No running or bouncing balls in the hallways anywhere in the Community Center.
- No spitting, rough housing, wrestling, or pushing.
- No swearing, abusive, inappropriate language, or gestures. Individuals showing this type of behavior may be suspended from the facility without a refund. Trespassing can be issued with suspensions of one year in addition to the suspension.
- MGCC reserves the right to deny admission to anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.
- MGCC reserves the right to deny admission to anyone bringing in weapons, devices intended for harmful cause, or actions that demonstrate intent to cause harm.
- Persons falsifying personal information will be denied the opportunity to participate until one year from the date of the incident.
- No spectators are allowed on the perimeter of the gym.
Violators of the gym rules will be asked to leave without a refund.
- Ages 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult over age 18.
- Private training is not allowed during open public times.
- Bring your own ball or equipment.
- Only photo IDs are accepted in exchange for balls or other equipment. Exchange of a valuable for equipment is not acceptable.
- Please leave valuables at home. It is recommended that patrons bring a padlock and use the coin operated lockers in the locker rooms.
- The patron has a financial obligation to replace balls, equipment, or keys to the coin operated lockers that have been damaged, stolen, or lost.
- Maple Grove Community Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Zero tolerance policy
The health, safety and well being of every patron utilizing MGCC is our primary objective. Respect for the MGCC staff, patrons, and the building is paramount.
Maple Grove Community Center staff shall enforce a zero-tolerance policy with regards to negative participant conduct with mischief, alcohol/drugs, or other substance use or possession. MGCC staff shall be the sole judge of what constitutes inappropriate behavior covered by this policy. MGCC staff shall investigate behavior witnessed by the public. Inappropriate behavior will result in either temporary or permanent expulsion from the facility. When necessary, MGCC staff will involve the Maple Grove Police Department, to enforce its zero-tolerance policy.
Come and play in the gymnasium all year with an all building membership! Visit the memberships page to learn more.