The city does not license businesses operating within the city limits; however, a certificate of occupancy may be obtained through the Building Department when the occupancy type changes. Email the Building Department or call 763-494-6060.
The city does license businesses for liquor, tobacco, refuse, and tree care. See list below.
In addition, persons operating a business out of their home need to follow certain regulations. Email the Community and Economic Development Department or call 763-494-6040 for details.
If you have questions, contact information is on the application.
- Daycare licensing information online
- Caterers who provide food and alcohol to events in the city must provide event notification at least 10 days prior for each event conducted. Complete the online caterer's event notification form.
- Recorded alcohol compliance training (not a substitute for attendance at one in-person training each licensing period).
- Off sale 3.2 (PDF)
- Off sale brew pub (PDF)
- Off sale brewer (PDF)
- Off sale (PDF)
- On Sale 3.2 (PDF)
- On sale bottle club (PDF)
- On sale brewer's taproom (PDF)
- On sale culinary class (PDF)
- On sale wine/3.2 (PDF)
- On sale/Sunday sale (PDF)
- Lower potency cannabinoid products
- Massage (business) (PDF)
- Massage (personal) (PDF)
- Recycle and transfer (PDF)
- Refuse (PDF)
- Sign permit (ePermit)
- Sign permit (PDF)
- Sign hangers (PDF)
- Temporary sign permit (PDF)
- Tobacco (PDF)
- Tree care license website page