Utility billing

The City of Maple Grove utility billing administers the billing of water, sewer, recycling, and streetlights.

Water / Sewer

Utility maintenance is handled by the Public Works Department. Find more information on the public works page.

If a water/sewer emergency arises after business hours, please call 763-494-6370 and follow the prompts. After-hour, non-emergency calls may be subject to service fees.


Citywide curbside recycling is provided by Republic Services and covered by a flat fee on the quarterly utility bill. View the refuse, recycling and yard waste page for more information.


Homeowners pay a flat rate per quarter for streetlights. The rate is prorated from the total cost of streetlight electric use billed to the city by the electric power suppliers.

To report a streetlight outage, complete a SeeClickFix request or contact public works at 763-494-6370.

Stormwater utility fee

Beginning in 2022, all Maple Grove property owners will see a stormwater utility fee on their quarterly utility bill.  The purpose, cost, and answers to frequently asked questions are found on the stormwater utility fee page.